The EMERGE program incubates artist projects and arts organizations, offering them financial management, fundraising consulting, and the ability to seek funding through fiscal sponsorship. The program accepts artists who are launching new endeavors, those who are in the process of obtaining 501(c)(3) determination, and also projects that prefer to remain fiscally sponsored, making use of PAC’s nonprofit infrastructure to support their ongoing efforts.
The EMERGE program provides resources and benefits for projects in several ways, including:
- Fiscal sponsorship through PAC’s tax-exempt status as 501(c)(3)-classified organization
- Financial management and oversight
- Donor acknowledgements
- Assistance with crowdsourcing campaigns, including Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Razoo, and RocketHub.
- Service provider recommendations (graphic designers, insurance, ticketing services, grant writers, web designers)
- Curatorial consultation
- Fundraising consultation
- Access to a database of thousands of local, national, and international foundations
- Marketing support through our monthly email newsletter and social media
- Professional development workshops
- Personal and prompt service
Individuals or organizations are eligible to apply on behalf of projects that meet the following criteria:
- Objectives which fall within PAC’s mission of facilitating and empowering the arts.
- Artistic and/or programmatic excellence
- Organizational and financial viability
Note: PAC may not consider projects with proposed budgets less than $5,000
PAC charges an administrative fee of 6% on all donations and income, and projects are charged a $100 annual program membership fee.
The application period for new EMERGE projects is currently closed. New applications will be accepted beginning October 15, 2014.
The Pasadena Arts Council is a member of the Tides Center’s National Network of Fiscal Sponsors, committed to raising the understanding of fiscal sponsorship among the public and funders, sharing a desire to build best practices, and working to enhance the sector by building capacity to advance public benefit. EMERGE is listed on the national Fiscal Sponsor Directory: www.fiscalsponsordirectory.org.